Send personal messages to Courtney at:

courtneylflynn@gmail.com

Courtney

Courtney
taken 8/4/07

Courtney and her kids

Courtney and her kids
taken 8/4/07

Saturday, October 20, 2007

Day 29 - I Will Be Here

Courtney's first full day in the hospital, free of tubes and IV's, has left me little to say or update regarding her treatment. She did start a new medication that had interesting side effects that affected her vision, thoughts and speech. She's supposed to take it for the next 21 days, but is going to ask for something else if the side effects persist.

Her WBC's are still increasing steadily upward, approaching the normal range. Her neutrophils were actually within the normal range as were her plateletts!! Also, her day was fever free. If she keeps this up, 48 hours from now she will be sleeping soundly in her own bed.

Today was, for the most part, a great day of visiting with family and friends. My sister Molly arrived this morning for the weekend. Also, Courtney's brother Chris came back to town, this time with his wife, Leticia, and their two precious children, Lindsey and Christiana. Courtney spent most of the day with her parents and had a really nice visit with Leticia.

I took the kids, my mom and sister to the second garage sale held for Courtney. It's still so overwhelming to see all the people giving so much of their time to help us! Thank you, thank you, thank you for all your support!!! Later, I was able to take the three girls one at a time to our local fire station for flu shots. It's so much easier when they can't see the others getting theirs. The flu shots are one more thing that will help Courtney and ease some of her fears of coming home. She gets hers tomorrow.

We really had a lot of fun today. It's always so bittersweet to have a good day without Courtney around, knowing that she's stuck in the hospital and knowing that she would give anything to be with us. I can wait for the day that we can go back to having our normal family fun.

On the way home from visiting her in the hospital tonight, I listend to a song for the first time in a long time. It's on a CD that I made for Courtney shortly after we were married. The lyrics were significant then, but their significance today brought tears to my eyes. I couldn't resist putting it here, to share with her and with all of you who have been here for us.


Steven Curtis Chapman - I Will Be Here

6 comments:

Amy Pennington said...

That is a beautiful song....thanks for sharing! I am hoping and praying for one more fever free day so you can come home manana!
hugs to you!

Anonymous said...

Saw these quotes and thought they would be great for everyone to read.

We are, each of us angels with only one wing; and we can only fly by embracing one another.


Where there is great love there are always miracles

Emily R said...

ooooh pretty song!! tears in my eyes! i really hope you can come home!! WOW! i bet you are SO excited!

Amie said...

Todd,
John said he saw you at work last night. That's great that they are being so flexible with your schedule so you can be with Courtney and the kids. Anyways,Remission is a word that brings music to my ears!!! We are so happy for your family.Have a great day!

Always in my prayers,
Amie Howard

Heather said...

Dear Sister Flynn,
I hope you feel better. I want to send some flowers to you. What is your favorite color? What is your favorite food? I want to cook it for you. I want to give you a present. Love, Ellery

Anonymous said...

Hey Todd and Courtney,
We are so happy to hear Courtney is doing well!! We check your blog every few days to try to keep up to date on how things are going. We are so impressed with your strength, individually and as a family! What a wonderful example you are.
Love, Bartley and Nicole :)

 

Blog Counter